The benefits of our Homeowners Association:
One of the best things about living in Sun City Festival is you can relax knowing your community will keep on looking as beautiful as the day you first saw it. That's because your Homeowners Association (HOA) dues help pay for maintaining your community's common areas and amenities. Not only does that help protect your property values, it ensures you'll always be proud to call Sun City Festival your home.
Items covered by the HOA
- 31,000 sq. ft. Recreation Center with state of the art fitness center, ball room, meeting rooms, resort pool/spa, and a variety of sports courts, including pickleball, tennis, basketball, volleyball, bocce, horseshoes and a putting green
- 27 hole championship golf course managed by Troon Golf®
- 9,000 sq. ft. Crafts Studio with a wood shop and glass arts/ceramics and pottery studios
- Softball Complex with restrooms, spectator stands and wireless scoreboard
- 31 Chartered Clubs comprised of sporting clubs, crafts clubs, and games and cards clubs
- Monthly lifestyle events including dances, performances, street fairs and pool parties
- $145 monthly community association assessment
- Assessments collected quarterly ($435/quarter)
How is the governing board structured?
The SCF Board of Directors is comprised of 3 representatives from the Developer. As the community grows residents will be added to the Board.
What committees contribute to the governing board?
Finance, Golf, Neighborhood representatives.
Who operates the golf course?
The Copper Canyon Golf Course and Indigo Grille Restaurant are owned by the Sun City Festival Community Association and managed by Troon Golf®.
Does the HOA survey residents to find out about new interests?
Yes, Sun City Festival has a yearly resident satisfaction survey.
Are all the community activities included in the fees?
Yes, however, there are nominal charges for certain lifestyle and fitness activities
Does the HOA have a reserve fund?
Yes. In addition, periodic Reserve Studies are accomplished in three year intervals.
How often are HOA fees increased?
Assessment rates are reviewed annually during the operating budget development process, and increases, when needed, become effective at the beginning of the following calendar year.
Does the HOA maintain all the amenities?
Does the HOA have a community newsletter or intranet site for residents?
Sun City Festival has a vibrant community web portal as well as a monthly newsletter.
Is there a process in place to get a new club chartered?
Yes. Sun City Festival has a Chartered Clubs Rules and Procedures Manual which outlines the process. The Lifestyle Director and Chartered Clubs Presidents Council provide assistance as necessary.
What are the rules for visiting grandchildren?
Each home site is allowed to have up to six guests at any one time in the Sage Recreation Center. There is a nominal guest fee for those guests using the swimming pool and fitness center.
Are there activities for visiting grandchildren?
Yes. The Sage Recreation Center has a children’s tot lot as well as a resort swimming pool with designated children’s swim hours.
HOA is managed by:
1600 West Broadway Road, Suite 200
Tempe, AZ 85282